The American Music Awards is scheduled to air on Sunday night, November 20, 2016. There is a long list of performers expected to be performing and receiving awards.
Those performers include major names like Lady Gaga, Green Day and one of the all time favorites is Sting, who is recipient of the American Music Award of Merit award.
Those watching the show won’t be disappointed with the lineup, which includes a list of the following.
• John Legend will be performing his hit single “Love Me Now”.
• Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj will be singing their song, “Side to Side”.
• Shaw Mendes will do one of his hit songs.
• Niall Horan will be debuting his solo act by performing his song, “This Town”, since recently moving away from the group, One Direction.
• Twenty One Pilots will be performing “Heathens” and there is a good chance they may walk away with an award or two.
• The Weeknd will make an appearance with a song called Starboy.
• Justin Bieber is expected to be presented as a performer, even though he’s on the road with his world tour. He has also been nominated for several awards.
• Maroon 5 and Kendrick Lamar will be on stage with their new song “Don’t Wanna Know”.
• Lady Gaga will be one to watch as she performs her song, “Joanne”.
That is just a short list of some of the performers, others like Fifth Harmony and Shakira are expected to entertain the crowd also.
All these performers are no stranger to the music scene, and know how to put on a show that is pleasing to all that love to watch the award show.
The American Music Awards show is all fan voted and thanks to Dick Clark starting the award show in 1793, the lineup gets bigger and better every year. The show is a place where all musicians have a chance to be honored for their music, no matter what genre their music is in. Musicians from all over the world consider it an honor to not only attend the show, but also perform when they get the chance.
This year model Gigi Hadid and SNL’s Jay Pharoah will cohost the show. Lots of awards are expected to be given out for artists such as Adele, Carrie Underwood, Beyonce and Rihanna, and many others that have shown to have put out exceptional work in the past year. There is even an award for favorite video of the year.
With this kind of lineup and the music that will be coming out of the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, fans will not go away disappointed.
The American Music Awards show will air on ABC at 8/7c and Bruno Mars will open the show up. It is expected to be a night filled with plenty of good music and maybe even a few surprise performers. No matter if you are lucky enough to be in attendance or watching from the comforts of your own home, it will be an eventful night that will be talked about for many days to follow.